Monday, March 24, 2008

The Beginning of Perfection!

The statement above was taken from Barack Obama’s brilliant speech where he explained the reality of our current social and political views on race. It made me think about how we, at Personal Best, strive to achieve perfection too. We strive for perfection for our bodies and our minds. We attend Mambo Mania classes, follow meal plans, take advantage of body treatments and therapy, all for the sake of being the best we can be. And still, no perfection.

On the other hand, we know that we are on the path toward perfection. Along the way, we inevitably come to the realization that we will never get there, at least not in this lifetime. Nevertheless, we keep forging ahead. We continue the journey because we are on the right path. We are headed toward positive, uplifting, realistic goals and ideals; for our bodies, our minds and our spirits.


I video taped our Mambo Mania class the other night, and while I watched the playback, I realized why we continue. I witnessed pure grace and abandonment as my students gyrated, danced Mambo and “sizzled away the pounds.” Everyone had their own unique swagger and style as they danced to cha cha, salsa, and Afro-Cuban rhythms. I saw joy, laughter, smiles, and claps. I watched how students encouraged and edified each other. Everyone had a blast. In the end, everyone walked out feeling better than when they walked in.


For some of us, an hour of Mambo Mania takes the edge off a stressful day, for others, it expends extra calories and burns unwanted fat. As I watched the video, I noticed how my students’ physics look stronger and leaner than ever before. They are healthier, happier and their body language; through those hot Latin moves, express pure fun and enjoyment.


Since our doors opened for business a few months ago, our mission has been to transform people’s lives into being their Personal Best. Now, because of my students’ loyal patronage, sheer determination and commitment, we are proudly witnessing that transformation before our very eyes.


I guess the most profound aspect of being at the “beginning of perfection” is the process itself. It’s the only thing that is perfect. We, are simply the byproduct of our approach.


Thank you and congratulations!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clarita, I love your class! Can't wait for next thursday's mambo :)